Recipe for Zucchini Masala
Today, I am sharing yet another simple recipe that I use for my everyday cooking. Zucchini is not a very commonly found vegetable in India. Hence its usage in many parts of the country is very low. However, there are many different varieties of gourds that we get in India, some common ones being bottle gourd, ridge gourd, snake gourd, and apple gourd. The recipe that I follow for making ‘zucchini masala’ is the same as what I use for cooking the Indian gourds back home.
So, let us start.
Ingredients needed for making zucchini masala:
- Zucchini: 2, diced
- Onion: 1 big, chopped
- Tomato: 1 big, chopped
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: To taste
Method for making zucchini masala:
1. Start with heating oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
2. Now add onions and fry them till they soften and turn translucent.
3. Now add tomatoes, followed by all the powdered spices and salt.
4. Cover it with a lid, reduce the heat and cook till the tomatoes soften till the oil releases.
5. Now add the zucchini. Mix it well.
6. Cover it with a lid, keep the heat medium and cook it for about 15 minutes or till the zucchini softens.
Serve with roti or parantha.
Check out other recipes from my kitchen here.
Follow me on: