Recipe for Zucchini Sabzi
Today, I am sharing yet another simple recipe I use for everyday cooking. Zucchini is not a very commonly found vegetable in India. Hence its usage in many parts of the country is less. However, we get many different varieties of gourds in India, some common ones being bottle gourd, ridge gourd, snake gourd, and apple gourd. The recipe for making ‘zucchini sabzi’ is the same as what I use to cook the Indian gourds back home.
So, let us start.
Ingredients needed for making Zucchini Sabzi:
- Zucchini: 2 diced
- Onion: 1 big, chopped
- Tomato: 1 big, chopped
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: To taste
Method for making Zucchini Sabzi:
1. Start with heating oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
2. Add onions and fry them until they soften and turn translucent.
3. Now add tomatoes, followed by all the powdered spices and salt.
4. Cover it with a lid, reduce the heat, and cook until the tomatoes soften and the oil releases.
5. Now add the zucchini. Mix it well.
6. Cover it with a lid, keep the heat medium and cook it for about 15 minutes or till the zucchini softens.
Serve with roti or parantha.
Check out other recipes from my kitchen here.
Follow me on:
Leave a Reply