Recipe for Banana Cake with Walnuts and Flaxseeds
Banana cake is one of the tastiest and easiest cakes to make. The ingredients to make the banana cake are easy to source, and the process is straightforward. If you are hosting a tea party, consider including this in the menu, especially if you have other dishes that need your attention while cooking. Alternatively, if there is a potluck or you need to carry food for an event, consider this recipe. For this recipe, you need to spend about 10 minutes making the batter, and the rest is taken care of by the oven.
Ingredients needed to make Banana Cake ( for 30 big slices) :
- Ripe Bananas: 9 ( The bananas I have used are just about ripe. If you are using overripe bananas, reduce the quantity of sugar)
- Sugar : 3 3/4 Cups
- Vegetable Oil: 1 1/2 Cups
- Eggs: 6 ( at room temperature)
- Sour Cream: 1 1/2 Cup ( If you don’t have sour cream, use half yogurt and half fresh cream)
- All Purpose Flour: 6 Cups
- Baking Soda : 3 teaspoons
- Salt : 3 teaspoons
- Walnuts: 3/4 Cup ( Toasted and then coarsely ground)
- Flax Seeds: 3/4 Cup ( Toasted)
- Vanilla Essence: Few drops
- Banana Essence: Few drops
Have a look :
Method to make Banana Cake:
- First, take eggs in a big bowl and beat them using a hand blender.
- Add sugar and blend further.
- Then add oil, bananas ( mashed), and sour cream and blend further.
- Sieve the flour along with baking soda and salt and fold it into the creamed mixture. Then add the walnuts and flax seeds.
- Take a baking tray and grease it properly with oil or butter. Dust it with all-purpose flour. Remove the extra flour. Then pour the batter. Level it at the top and tap it to remove air gaps.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C and bake the cake for about 50 minutes or till a toothpick, when inserted and pulled out, comes out clean. You can fill up the batter to about 3/4th of the height of the baking tray. Leave the rest for rising.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before you invert and take it out. Then cut it into slices. A beautiful, well-risen, light and fluffy, and delicious cake is ready to be eaten 🙂
About Ingredient sourcing in Germany:
All the ingredients needed for this recipe are easily available in supermarkets in Germany. However, you can buy them from amazon.de too. Links are given below:
Sour Cream: https://amzn.to/3OXq6nj
Baking Soda: https://amzn.to/3NdH7s6
Vanilla Essence: https://amzn.to/3CetaUA
Banana Essence: https://amzn.to/42rzjaO
Check out other recipes from my kitchen here.
Subscribe to my newsletter to receive my posts in your mailbox.
Please note that this article contains affiliate links. If you buy using these links, I receive a small commission. This has no effect on the price for you.