Recipe for Savoury Muffins With Yoghurt & Herb Dip
This is one of my recipes which comes under the category’ high protein, low carb, vegetarian’ recipes. As vegetarians, eating protein-rich meals often becomes challenging. But if we include lentils, legumes and some nuts and seeds in our diet, everyday protein intake goals can be met. Today’s recipe is a savoury muffin recipe made with Moong dal, cottage cheese and eggs. I paired these muffins with fresh herbs and vegetables and a herbed dip. It is an easy and quick recipe, which requires less than 15 minutes of preparation time and around 25-30 minutes of baking time.
With this recipe, you can make 12 muffins ( serving for four people)
So, let us start with the recipe. I have broken the recipe into four parts:
- Preparing the savoury muffins
- Preparing the yoghurt and herb dip
- Preparing vegetables and herbs needed as an accompaniment
- Assembling and plating
So, let us start.
Part 1: Preparing the savoury muffins
Ingredients needed for making savoury muffins :
- Split Moong dal with skin (Split Green Gram): 1 cup, washed and soaked for 2 hours in 1 cup water.
- Green Chilies: 2
- Cumin Seeds: 2 teaspoons
- Paprika Powder: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: To taste
- Garlic Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Chives: Chopped; 2 tablespoons
- Parsley: chopped; 2 tablespoons
- Cottage Cheese: 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Zucchini: 1/2, thinly sliced
- Eggs: 3
Method for making savoury muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg c for 10 mins.
- Toast the zucchini slices in a pan till they turn light brown. Keep aside.
- Grind the soaked lentils with green chillies and cumin seeds.
- To this paste, add paprika powder, salt, garlic powder, chives, parsley and cottage cheese.
- Beat the eggs separately and add to this mixture, followed by baking powder.
- Now, grease the muffin tray with oil. Transfer the muffin mixture to the muffin tray. Place a few zucchini slices on each above the muffin batter, and bake for about 25 minutes.
Part 2: Preparing the Yoghurt and Herb Dip
Ingredients needed for Yoghurt and Herb Dip:
- Low fat Yoghurt: 400 ml
- Garlic: 2-3 cloves
- Chives: chopped; 4 tablespoons
- Parsley: Chopped; 2 tablespoons
- Dill Leaves: Chopped; 1 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Green Chili: 1; small ( skip if you have a low tolerance for spice)
- White Pepper Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Method to make Yoghurt and Herb Dip:
- Beat the yoghurt and keep it aside.
- Make a rough paste of green chilli, garlic, parsley, dill leaves and chives.
- Add this paste to the yoghurt.
- Add salt and white pepper powder. Mix well.
Part 3: Preparing vegetables and herbs needed as an accompaniment
- Fresh Lemon ( can be squeezed on the muffins)
- Baby Carrots: 8, washed and peeled
- Fresh Arugula leaves: Washed
- Fresh parsley: For garnishing
Part 4: Assembling and plating
Here are some plating ideas:
Do consider subscribing to my blog if you like this content.
Follow me on:
Leave a Reply