Recipe for Zucchini and Apple Cake
Zucchini and Apple is not such a known combination. Normally Zucchini is used in savory preparations, and apple is either eaten as it is or used in dessert recipes. But this unique combination works well, creating an absolutely delicious and yummy cake.
Let’s start with the recipe.
Ingredients needed to make Zucchini and Apple Cake:
- Zucchini: 1, grated
- Apple ( Big): 1/2, grated
- Oil ( any neutral-tasting oil will do): 120 ml
- Granulated Sugar: 200 gm
- Eggs ( At room Temperature): 2
- Pure Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon
- Coconut: 1/2 Cup, grated
- Nuts of your choice, like cashews, almonds, pecan nuts, walnuts, etc. ( Toasted and roughly chopped): 1/2 cup
In addition, you need the following dry Ingredients:
- All-purpose Flour: 200 gm
- Baking Soda: 1 teaspoon
- Baking Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg Powder: 1/4 tsp
Method to make Zucchini and Apple Cake :
1. Blend oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla essence using a mixer.
2. Add grated Zucchini and apple.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients. Then sieve and add them to the mixture made in steps 1 and 2.
4. Then add grated coconut and nuts.
5. Pour the batter into a greased cake mold.
6. Preheat your oven to 180 deg C and once preheated, put the mold in and allow it to bake slowly for about 50-60 mins. If you make cupcakes, it will take lesser time. Take a toothpick and put it into the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is fully done. Else bake for some more time.
7. After taking it out of the oven, allow it to remain in the mold for about 5-6 mins, and then take it out and cool in a wire rack before slicing it.
Check out other recipes from my kitchen here.