Recipe for Zucchini and Apple Cake
When it comes to cakes, zucchini and apples are not the ingredients that we frequently hear. Normally Zucchini is used in savoury preparations, and apple is either eaten as it is or used in dessert recipes. But this unique combination works well, creating an absolutely delicious and yummy cake.
Let’s start with the recipe.
Ingredients needed to make Zucchini and Apple Cake:
- Zucchini: 1, grated
- Apple ( Big): 1/2, grated
- Oil ( any neutral-tasting oil will do): 120 ml
- Granulated Sugar: 200 gm
- Eggs ( At room Temperature): 2
- Pure Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon
- Coconut: 1/2 Cup, grated
- Nuts of your choice, like cashews, almonds, pecan nuts, walnuts, etc. ( Toasted and roughly chopped): 1/2 cup
In addition, you need the following dry Ingredients:
- All-purpose Flour: 200 gm
- Baking Soda: 1 teaspoon
- Baking Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg Powder: 1/4 tsp
Method to make Zucchini and Apple Cake :
- Blend oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla essence using a mixer.
- Add grated Zucchini and apple.
- Mix all the dry ingredients. Then sieve and add them to the mixture made in steps 1 and 2.
- Then add grated coconut. Mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake mould. Add toasted nuts. I added pecan nuts.
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg C and once preheated, put the mould in and allow it to bake for about 50-60 mins. If you make cupcakes, it will take lesser time. Take a toothpick and insert it into the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is fully done. Else bake for some more time.
- After taking it out of the oven, allow it to remain in the mould for about 5-6 mins, and then take it out and cool in a wire rack before slicing it.
Apple & Zucchini Cake is ready!
Check out other recipes from my kitchen here.
Follow me on: