Mint Coriander Chutney-Recipe 2
Breakfast recipes from south India-such as Idly, dosa, and vada, are served with Chutney and Sambar to enhance the dish’s taste. Today, the recipe I am sharing is Mint Coriander Chutney. Check out many other chutney recipes here.
Let us start.
Ingredients needed to make Mint Coriander Chutney:
- Urad Dal: 1 tablespoon
- Chana Dal: 1 tablespoon
- Dry red chillies: 3-4
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: A handful
- Fresh Mint Leaves: A handful
- Tamarind Pulp: 1 teaspoon
- Grated Coconut: 1/2 cup
- Salt: to taste
- Water: to adjust the consistency, approximately 1 1/2 cups
Ingredients needed for Tempering:
- Sesame Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Urad Dal: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves: 8-10
- Asafoetida: 1/4 teaspoon.
A note for my readers in Germany: All the ingredients needed for this recipe can be purchased from Spiceland, Frankfurt. Their quality is good, prices reasonable and they deliver all across Germany.
Method to make Mint Coriander Chutney:
- Dry roast Urad dal, chana dal and red chillies on medium heat until they change colour and give a nice aroma.
- Add fresh mint and coriander leaves. Turn off the heat.
- In a mixer, add grated coconut and the mixture prepared in steps 1 and 2.
- Add tamarind pulp and salt. Grind.
- Add water and grind once more. Transfer the chutney to a serving bowl. Prepare the tempering by heating oil in a pan. Add the rest of the tempering ingredients. Fry on low to medium heat. Then add that to the prepared chutney.
Check out other recipes from my kitchen here.
Follow me on:
Leave a Reply